Sunday, March 30, 2014

On the Eve of Forever


   Praise the Lord oh my soul and and forget not all his benefits-who forgives all your sins and heals all your diseases, who redeems your life from the pit and crowns you with love and compassion, who satisfies                  your desires with good things.
Psalm 103

Today we attended church in my favorite city. The above verse was the message. Of course we have no idea what is actually being said. But Steve always helps us to just find what the topic is in our book so we can follow along. 

How appropriate that THIS was what the message was today. Tomorrow is our Gotcha Day. God IS giving us such good things!

A little girl sat in front of us in church, as cute as could be. On her shirt were the words, “Clever girl, lucky to the someone”  I loved that. Lucky to the someone. People always say our kids are so lucky. But we know that WE are the lucky some ones who get to call them ours.

I will fill in the pages of our story between Hong Kong and now later in the week. But I do have to share that we met up with Steve, the guide I had on my last 2 trips over. Funny how things work. I was not happy when I found out I would have a male guide last March. So thankful the Lord always knows exactly what we need. He was such a great guide and I made sure we would then have him for my July trip. When he found out we were coming back over for adoption he quickly offered to join us. Simply as a friend. He is such a kind soul and we are so thankful for him.


Gotcha day happens tomorrow at 3pm. (Monday) For those of you at home, that is 2am during your Sunday night. I hate that it is so late, but not our choice.

Our lives are about to forever change. We will go from a family of 7 to a family of 9. One year ago we started this journey not knowing for sure what would happen. Just knowing that God had called us to return to China. And now here we are!

Tonight Syler and Mercie sleep for the last time as orphans. They will never again go to bed with out a hug and a kiss goodnight. They will never have to wonder what their future holds. They will become Laxtons, part of a family that already adores them and treasures them. They are so wanted and loved.

Forever is coming soon! 

1 comment:

  1. I'm so excited for you and them! I can't wait till you blog again and post those famous" Gotcha" photos! Love you guys!

    ReplyDelete