Monday, March 31, 2014

Gotcha Forever!




Today, after waiting so long, our lives are forever changed.


We are now a family of 9.

There are 2 less orphans in the world.

And as I type this my new children are sound asleep, their lives forever changed.

It is interesting when you adopt 2 at once, such different ages.




Syler is 8 years old, almost 9. He gets it! He walked into our arms WANTING to be there. He is a complete joy and will melt your heart. I am pretty sure I have never enjoyed anything more than seeing him take a bubble bath tonight, probably his first EVER. We skyped the kids tonight and he said everyone's name. He knew "Kenna" right away from the trips each year.


Mercie, 2 years old,  just wants to be back with what she knows and it is heartbreaking to watch. She has stood at the door and cried for hours. And I do mean hours. We finally got a few smiles tonight, but that was ONLY because of Malaine. She likes Malaine best. Of course. So we are being careful of that. We know she needs to bond with us.

Tomorrow we will go back to the civil affairs office to finalize the adoption. I am praying that she does ok. She basically cried for over 5 hours straight till she fell asleep. She is in our bed right now, so if you will pray for her little heart tonight.

Thank you for your prayers. We are so happy tonight. Going to bed knowing that our children are right where they should be.





3 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness! I sobbed!!! I am so happy Syler has a home and and it is yours!!! Poor Mercie....typical 2 yr old though. Remember Lulu bit me and tantrumed the entire time!!!! She is my hip accessory now!!!! I will pray!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tears. I am so happy for you and your beautiful family of NINE!!!!!!!

    Both of my Chenzhou babies cried and cried and cried. And I wouldn't have it any other way!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Shannon…..tears rolling down my face! So happy there are two less orphans in the world and your family is growing again. I'm going to share this with Amity. She will be so happy to hear as well. After this past summer visiting Chenzhou…this warms my heart so much to know these two found forever families!!! Sending big hugs to you all and for a safe trip home!

    ReplyDelete