Thursday, April 10, 2014

Oh Mercie


You might remember our story of our baby girl.  


I met her in 2012 and fell in love. It was easy to do. She captivated most of us on that trip with her sweet smile and spunky personality. She was just HAPPY and so easy to love.

The way God wrote our story is nothing short of a miracle, and I am still in awe.



As you know, as much as WE wanted Mercie on Gotcha Day, she wanted nothing to do with us! We had been with her all weekend before gotcha, and I think that helped her seeing Malaine but NOT me. It was almost like the more they pushed ME, the less she wanted me.

So it was a rough few days. Watching this child you have dreamed of for so long be SO heartbroken was, well, heartbreaking! I was her least favorite person in the world FOR SURE and she ONLY found comfort in her Jie Jie. (big sister)

One thing that brought us comfort is being with her the weekend before, we had SEEN her personality. In the orphanage she laughed, she played she hit on the other kids and gave us scary visions of nursery trouble and the PLANE ride. We knew she had spunk and of course I had seen her on 3 previous trips!

I had asked the nannies to love her well these past 2 years and they did, she was well taken care of, and probably spoiled.  I am so thankful for how much they cared for her.

But oh those first few days!


Slowly though we saw smiles. She started to let me do a bit more each day.

And then, she started to reach for ME for comfort. Today she gave me KISSES.

I am seeing glimpses of that baby girl that stole my heart almost 2 years ago.





Mark is finally seeing WHY I fell head over heels, and he is quickly falling there himself.

She has the most amazing smile! When we get out the camera she frowns, but really she can light up a room.


She is a MONKEY. (this will surprise no one who knows my children!) She climbs, she jumps, she dives off the bed, the couch, the coffee table! She is into EVERYTHING and we are tired. I really wish I had spent the last year baby proofing my house!

She is tiny but mighty. She is actually taller than I expected, just so thin.  But she has big feet! Our guide kept commenting, her feet are huge! J



She has such a sweet tiny voice. But she can be LOUD.

She eats great. She sleeps great! Though she still needs Malaine to help her fall asleep. She sleeps with us, and so I hope we can break the habit of needing Malaine soon. (because 4 in a bed would be a bit much!)  I feel it is coming. As I see her reach for me over Malaine more, I know eventually it will happen. 

She is very nervous with change, and if she is uncertain of what will happen she clings.

Which means she REFUSES to walk most of the time and don’t even think about a stroller. We know carrying her is good, but it is tiring!

Did I mention her giggle? She LOVES to laugh and we love hearing her laugh!

12 days together and SO much change in our miracle Mercie. It is like watching a little flower that is blooming right before our eyes and we are loving every second! I can’t wait for you all to meet her. I know you will adore her too.

We pray that Mercie will see how God has given US mercy and that she will understand what a miracle she is.



No comments:

Post a Comment